Earlier, marketing strategies massively relied upon advertising to as many audiences as possible.
It’s only the evolving junctures of technology that helped marketers understand the significance of audience segmentation, fill in the gaps between brands and their consumers, and learn that:
Everyone Is Not Your Consumer, and One Size Never Fits All!
The most effective method to advertise is not promoting your message to as many people as possible, but the right ones and at the right time.
Let’s discuss the prominent types of online consumers and how you can strategically approach and convert them.
On a Quest Seekers
If you’re a Potterhead, you can understand this as the quidditch seeker whose goal is to catch the Golden Snitch.
A seeker consumer is behind his/her personal interest. They know what exactly they’re looking for and are ready to convert. Suppose they’re looking for the keywords ‘Dog food’ or ‘Apparels and accessories’, there’s a good chance that they search their keyword on search engines or maybe on social media. So, how do you avail yourself of that chance to convert a seeker?
- Get Found! Optimize your products and services with relevant keywords and other information that leads their search to you.
- Outperform the best DEAL/ Provide value for money! Because they’re seeking it. Either you outperform the competitors to offer the best price or provide the best in class product.
- Advertise! Because why not?
- Answer questions on online communities, significant directories.
The Discount Shoppers
“More than 64% of online consumers wait to buy things until they go for sale, whereas more than 59% search for promo codes before buying anything online.”
And there you know what type of consumers are discount shoppers or bargain hunters. Some consumers always wait for that one steal deal to shop for a product. Even a slight adjustment in the prices can thrill them and turn a No into Yes. What’s the best way to approach them?
- Highlight your offer! Use all your digital platforms to promote any ongoing offers and discounts. Don’t make them wait for checkout or search for coupon codes.
- Provide Free Add-on services! A price slash is not always necessary to attract consumers. Sometimes, free shipping, complementary maintenance, free installation, or repair is sufficient to give them a reason to buy their long-desired product.
- Create FOMO! Limited period deals and offers intrigue the audience to pay heed to your products and also to avail those in the FOMO.
The Impulse Buyers
These are the most receptive type of consumers who do not have a definite shopping list on their mind and make spur-of-the-moment purchases. Keeping these consumers in the loop to new offerings can act as a long-term strategy to improve your profitability.
“More than half of U.S. shoppers (54%) have admitted to spending $100 or more on an impulse buy, including 20% who have spent at least $1,000.”
Here’s how you can attract impulse buyers:
- Promote the lower-priced! Because inexpensive products catch everyone’s attention.
- Guide their search! Provide relevant product recommendations, similar product listings, and combo offers if any.
- Don’t forget social media! We are sure you must’ve come across sponsored product listings on your feed and found them relevant enough to have a look.
The Experience Admirers
Some consumers truly care about their overall shopping experience more than anything else and are fitted to be brand loyal. It includes exclusivity, personalization, uniqueness, and the value proposition that a business has to offer. So, how can you approach these consumers?
- Develop Loyalty Program or Members Only offers and subscriptions.
- Establish customized interactions and follow-up.
- Ask for feedback and work on them.
The Loyal Patrons
These types of consumers are the most valuable of all. The reason is their commitment to a brand. Loyal consumers are also a highly reliable resource for word-of-mouth marketing.
“A mere 5% increase in customer retention can increase a company’s profitability by 75%!”
The best way to approach loyal consumers is to delight them and make them feel valued. Here are a few ways to retain and delight your consumers:
- Promote Referrals! Incentivize your customers while also gaining new ones.
- Personalize Messaging! Wish them on birthdays, festivals, and build an emotional connection.
- Organize Loyalty Tiers! This way, you encourage purchases and provide rewards for them.
Attract your consumers the right way
Our Vice President, Vinod Harikumar, rightly says – “It’s not just about 10000 impressions on your content, but the mere 50 ones that are potential to convert. That’s where marketing comes into play.”
At Claruz Digital, we not only help you market your brand but do it the best way possible along with building strong customer relationships.
Our digital strategies have the potential to target the right consumers for your brand, through the right platforms, at the right time.
If you would like to know more about consumer segmentation or how to target them the right way, please feel free to drop us an ? at email@example.com .We’ll be more than happy to help you.
Also, what consumer type do you fall in? Tell us in the comments below.
We’ll meet you with another interesting topic next week.
Till then, Stay Tuned!